For a lager, we offer a Beer Risotto with Roasted Squash and Chorizo Crumble . The squash will bring a nice sweetness and a velvety texture which will pleasantly complement the lager.
Ingredients for 2 people:
For the risotto:
- 150g Arborio rice
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 300ml lager
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 200g squash (such as pumpkin or butternut), diced
- 50g grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
For the chorizo crumble:
- 100g chorizo, finely chopped
- 30g of breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon of butter
Preparation of the Squash :
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place the diced squash on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast until the squash is tender and golden, about 20 minutes.
Preparation of Chorizo Crumble :
- In a pan, cook the chorizo until crispy.
- Add the butter and breadcrumbs, cook until the breadcrumbs are golden and crispy. Reserve.
Preparation of Risotto :
- Saute shallot and garlic in olive oil until soft.
- Add the rice and fry until translucent.
- Pour in the lager and simmer until absorbed.
Continuous Cooking :
- Add the stock, a ladleful at a time, stirring and allowing each addition to be absorbed before adding the next.
Adding Squash :
- Add the roasted squash to the risotto during the last stage of cooking.
- Stir in the parmesan, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the risotto hot, garnished with chorizo crumble.
The sweetness of the roasted squash, combined with the spicy chorizo crumble, creates a perfect contrast to the fresh, sparkling lager.
Cheers & Stay Brewtiful!