A white beer with passion fruit has tropical, tangy and refreshing notes. To accompany it, a light and fragrant dish would be ideal. Tuna tartare with mango and passion fruit . The mango will bring sweetness while the passion fruit will reinforce the acidic notes of the beer.
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 300g fresh sushi-grade tuna, cut into small cubes
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into small cubes
- The pulp of 2 passion fruits
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper (optional, for a spicy touch), seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- A few sprigs of fresh cilantro, chopped
Preparing the tuna : Make sure the tuna is very fresh. Cut it into small cubes and reserve in the refrigerator.
Mango & Passion fruit : Peel the mango and cut it into small cubes. Cut the passion fruit in half and scoop out the pulp using a spoon.
Mixture : In a bowl, gently mix the tuna, mango, shallot, chili pepper (if using), passion fruit pulp, lime juice, olive oil and half the chopped cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
To serve : Serve the tuna tartare on plates using a cookie cutter to give it a neat shape, or serve it naturally for a more rustic look. Garnish with the rest of the cilantro.
Accompaniment : Serve with corn chips or lightly toasted toast to add crunch.
This combination highlights the tropical aromas of white beer with passion fruit. The tuna offers a delicate flavor that contrasts with the sweetness of the mango and the acidity of the passion fruit, creating a perfect balance with the beer.
Cheers, bon appetit and Stay Brewtiful!