To accompany a white beer with mate, we offer Homemade Gnocchi with Sage and Hazelnut Butter , garnished with grated parmesan and crushed walnuts. The soft texture of the gnocchi and the richness of the browned butter will complement the herbaceous and floral aromas of the beer.
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 500g potatoes
- 100g of flour
- 1 egg
For the sauce:
- 60g butter
- A handful of fresh sage leaves
- 30g grated parmesan
- 30g crushed walnuts
Preparation of Gnocchi :
- Cook the potatoes until tender, peel them and mash them.
- Add the egg, flour and a pinch of salt, and mix to form a dough.
- Divide the dough and roll into long ropes, then cut into small pieces to form the gnocchi.
Cooking the Gnocchi :
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the gnocchi and cook until they rise to the surface.
- Drain the gnocchi and set aside.
Preparation of the Hazelnut Butter and Sage Sauce :
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat until it foams and turns golden brown.
- Add the sage leaves and let them lightly fry in the butter.
- Add the cooked gnocchi to the pan with the browned butter and sage, and toss to coat well.
- Serve on warm plates, sprinkle with grated parmesan and chopped walnuts to add crunch.
The sweetness and richness of the gnocchi, combined with the aromatic complexity of the brown butter and sage, create a satisfying and harmonious accompaniment for the lightness and herbaceous notes of a white mate beer.
Cheers & Stay Brewtiful!