For a perfect pairing with a Double New England IPA, we offer Chili Fish Tacos with Peach Salsa and Grilled Corn .
This beer, characterized by its fruity notes and slight bitterness, pairs wonderfully with delicately spiced fish and soft, juicy salsa. The combination of flavors of grilled corn, fresh peach and spices enhances the aromas of the beer, creating a harmonious taste balance.
Ingredients for 2 people:
For the tacos and fish:
- 300g white fish fillet (e.g. cod)
- 4 corn tortillas
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
For the salsa:
- 2 ripe peaches
- 2 ears of corn
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper (optional), finely chopped
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
Preparation of Fish :
- Mix chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Coat the fish fillets with this mixture and let them sit to marinate.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat and cook the fish for about 4 minutes on each side, until nicely browned and cooked through.
Preparation of the Salsa :
- Grill the corn cobs until golden brown, then remove the kernels.
- Cut the peaches into small cubes.
- Combine the grilled corn, diced peach, red onion, jalapeño (if using), and cilantro in a bowl.
- Drizzle with lime juice and sprinkle with salt to taste, then mix well.
Assembling the Tacos :
- Heat the tortillas according to package directions.
- Place a piece of fish in the center of each tortilla.
- Garnish generously with peach and grilled corn salsa.
- Serve the tacos immediately with lime wedges for a touch of freshness.
The combination of spicy fish, fruity salsa and grilled corn creates an explosion of flavors that pairs perfectly with the aromatic notes and sweetness of the Double New England IPA, making every bite and sip even more delicious.
Cheers & Stay Brewtiful!