To accompany a Pizza Ale, a craft beer often brewed with herbs and spices that recall the flavors of a pizza, we offer a Maison Margherita Pizza with a Gourmet Touch . This simple but classic pizza, with quality ingredients, complements the herbaceous and spicy notes of the beer.
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 1 ball of pizza dough (homemade or purchased)
- 200g good quality tomato sauce
- 2 fresh tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 125g buffalo mozzarella, sliced or torn
- A few fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and red pepper flakes (optional)
Preparation of the Pizza :
- Preheat your oven to the highest temperature, ideally 250°C or higher. If you have a pizza stone, place it in the oven while it preheats.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface to achieve the desired shape and thickness.
Assembling the Pizza :
- Spread an even layer of tomato sauce over the dough, leaving a small edge.
- Arrange the slices of mozzarella and fresh tomatoes on the sauce.
- Season with a little salt and red pepper flakes if you like.
Cooking the Pizza :
- Transfer the pizza to the hot stone in the oven (or a baking sheet if you don't have a stone).
- Bake until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is nicely melted and bubbly, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, garnish the pizza with fresh basil leaves and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
Pizza Margherita, with its combination of fresh and authentic flavors, pairs beautifully with the complexity and spicy notes of a Pizza Ale, creating a harmonious and satisfying dining experience.
Cheers & Stay Brewtiful!